Supported Independent Living (SIL)
Helping people with a disability maintain their independence
NDIS Supported Independent Living (SIL) services to support you 24/7
Supported Independent Living (SIL) services are designed to empower people with a disability to live more independently. SIL support is suitable for those who have high support needs and wish to retain their independence as much as possible. SIL can be provided to people who would like to live in their family home or with a group of people in a shared home setting.
Our experienced team can work with you to develop a personalised SIL Roster of Care, that will meet all your needs and help you achieve your goals. The level of support can be as little as a few hours of shared support, or one-to-one overnight help. The amount of SIL support you receive will depend upon:
- your individual circumstances and needs
- your age
- your goals and preferences
- your independence capabilities
- current living skills and capacity-building needs
- whether you’ve needed modifications to your home or assistive technology to increase your independence.
Types of support services you can access under SIL include:
- help with daily activities
- help with personal care
- domestic support such as cleaning, laundry or cooking
- support for medical appointments
- travel assistance
- social support
- skills development
Registered NDIS Provider
Home Care Experts is a Registered NDIS Provider, helping you navigate their wide range of support services. For all NDIS service enquiries please contact us today!